ADVERTISEMENT FOR A/E REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Request for Proposals – Executive Summary: The University of Alabama in Huntsville (UAH)
is seeking proposals from qualified firms to develop a Master Plan for the redevelopment of property generally
known as “Executive Plaza,” 58.25 acres of commercial real estate that is owned by UAH. The Plan should be integrated
with the current Campus Master Plan along with City of Huntsville Research Park Master Plan. Project elements may include:
• University facilities (offices/classrooms or other such facilities)
• Residential (apartments)
• Food venues
• Open space
To see the complete RFQ, please click here
Submission Requirements(to be labelled and submitted in the following order)
• Name, physical and email addresses, and phone numbers of contact personnel. Include lead office location (if multiple office firm)
• Planning team profile (key personnel to be assigned to the planning team, resumes, team structure)
• Relevant experience in planning mixed-use developments, especially in the context of a University setting
• Describe the process your firm will use to develop a Master Plan
• Former and current client references and record of success in similar planning efforts
• A copy of the most recently audited financial statements
• Proposed timeline
• Documentation of licenses held in the State of Alabama
Campus Master Plan: The 2016 UAH Campus Master Plan provides a roadmap for
“building a campus that enhances the student experience by creating a strong sense of place, and continuing
successful efforts to transform the campus into a pedestrian friendly environment. The plan maintains the
principle that the core of the University must serve all of its constituents, and at the same time engage
the surrounding Huntsville community.” Two of the University-wide planning goals identified in the Plan to achieve that vision are:
• Continue to pursue opportunities for strategic land acquisitions, and
• Explore collaborative efforts to develop areas such as the Holmes Avenue corridor towards the east, and the research and commercial areas west of Sparkman Drive.
The Plan, to be integrated with the Campus Master Plan, should include university facilities and mixed-use residential and retail facilities
to allow for future campus expansion and the development of a “college town neighborhood,” a walkable space of mixed-use residential and retail amenities for
students, faculty, and staff common to other college campuses, but now missing from UAH.
• Qualifications of the team members who will perform the services and the amounts of their respective participation.
• Demonstrated ability of the team to undertake a project of this type successfully and to deliver the project, including renderings, in a timely manner.
• Experience and past performance of the proposed project team/key personnel on similar projects.
• Time frame for development of the Master Plan of redevelopment.
• Demonstrated financial stability and size of the firm.
All Requests for Proposals must be furnished to Larrell D. Hughes, Senior Campus Architect, Physical Plant Building (1000 John Wright Drive), The University of Alabama in Huntsville, 301 Sparkman Drive, Huntsville, Alabama 35899 by 5:00 p.m. on October 15, 2018. Proposals may be express mailed to Office of
Campus Architect, Physical Plant Building, The University of Alabama in Huntsville, 301 Sparkman Drive, Huntsville, AL 35899.
All proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope bearing on the outside the name and address of the vendor, project number, name of the project, and date.
In the event it becomes necessary to revise any part of this Request for Proposal prior to the assigned return date, revisions will be posted in writing by Office of Campus Architect on State of Alabama Building Commission website and
our website https://www.uah.edu/facilities-and-operations/architect/bids. The University will be the sole determinant of whether any revisions/addenda should be issued as a result of any questions or other matters, and will extend the proposal
deadline if such information significantly amends this solicitation or makes compliance with the original proposal due date impractical.
In order to be considered for selection, firms must submit a complete response to this request for proposal. One original and two copies of each proposal must be submitted to the University. The vendors shall make no other distribution of the proposals.
No proposal may be amended or withdrawn after the scheduled closing time of receipt for a period of sixty (60) days. The University reserves the right to waive any informality and to reject any and all proposals.
All questions pertaining to this Request for Proposal should be addressed to Larrell D. Hughes, AIA via email: email@example.com, (Subject: Master Planner Proposal, Project Number 201811051 or by phone: 256-824-2538.